Global Recovery and Financial Structural Changes after Crisis:
Opportunities and Challenges for China
Skirball Center, New York University
October 29-30, 2010
The Chinese Finance Association (TCFA), a leading organization of Chinese finance industry professionals, is proud to present the 16th Annual Conference entitled “Global Recovery and Financial Structural Changes after Crisis: Opportunities and Challenges for China” on Oct 29-30th in New York City. This TCFA signature event provides a high-quality platform for industry leaders, academic experts, government regulators, and TCFA members to share thoughts on the latest developments in the global economy and the financial markets. It is the can’t-miss event of the year.
Prominent Speakers from China
- Dr. Daochi Tong, Director General, China Securities Regulatory Commission (证监会)
- Dr. Guobo Huang, Chief Economist, China State Administration of Foreign Exchange (外管局)
- Yuan Zhou (invited), Head of Asset Allocation and Strategic Research, China Investment Corp (中投)
- Hong Wang, Director General, Beijing Financial Services Bureau (北京市金融工作局)
- Jin Qiu, Head of Research, China International Capital Corp (中金)
- Ted Tokuchi, Head of Investment Banking, CITIC Securities (中信证劵)
- Yibing Wu, President of Private Equity Funds Management Co., Ltd. (中信产业基金)
- Anhua Ding, Chief Economist, China Merchants Securities (招商证劵)
- Lei Zhang, CEO, Hillhouse Capital Management (高瓴资本)
Industry Titans from the U.S.
- Wilbur Ross , CEO of WL Ross & Co. LLC, legendary private equity investor
- Stephen Roach, Chairman of Morgan Stanley Asia, renowned thought leader and Asia expert
- Byron Wien, Vice Chairman of the Blackstone Advisory Partners LP, one of the most influential people on Wall Street
- Graham Goldsmith, Head of Global Loans and Special Situations, Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- Art Samberg, Founder of Pequot Capital, largest hedge fund in the world in the early 2000s
- Richard Perry, CEO and Co-Founder of Perry Capital, leading hedge fund with more than $10bn under management
- Kevin Ulrich, CEO and Co-Founder of Anchorage Capital, leading hedge fund with $9.5bn under management
- Ethan Harris, Chief Developed Market Economist, Bank of America Merrill Lynch, ranked No.1 in the 2008 Wall Street Journal Economic Forecasting Survey, named “Top Forecaster” by Marketwatch
- David Greenlaw, Chief U.S. Fixed Income Strategist, Morgan Stanley
Debate State of the Global Economy and Financial Market; Explore Investment Opportunities
- Will QE2 energize US economy? How will US address its debt problem?
- How will mid-term election affect the financial market?
- What is the impact of financial regulatory reform?
- What is the future of Europe and Euro?
- Is there a real estate bubble in China?
- What is China’s policy for foreign exchange rate? Can China afford RMB appreciation?
- How will China diversify its foreign reserves away from US dollar financial asset?
- What are the latest developments in the China’s financial market?
- What industries will benefit from China’s next five-year plan?
- What are the major challenges and opportunities for China in the next five years?
- What were the surprises of 2010?
- Where are the investment opportunities in 2011?
Advance Your Career
Leading Chinese financial institutions will have recruiting teams to meet with candidates and conduct on-site job interviews at the concurring Job Fair on Oct 30th
- State Administration of Foreign Exchange (外管局), manages China’s $2.6 trillion foreign reserves
- China Investment Corp (中投), China’s sovereign wealth fund with over $330bn total assets
- Beijing Financial Services Bureau (北京金融工作局) , responsible for building Beijing’s financial services industry
- Leading Chinese securities firms (in alphabetical order)
- CITIC Securities (中信证劵)
- China Merchants Securities (招商证劵)
- Leading Chinese asset management companies (in alphabetical order)
- BNY Mellon Western Fund Management (纽银梅隆西部基金)
- Bosera Fund (博时基金)
- Havest Fund (嘉实基金)
- Wind Info (万德资讯), leading Chinese financial information provider
Network with Industry Leaders and Make New Connections
We are expecting more than 600 attendees at this year’s conference including
- Senior Wall Street professionals
- Delegations from leading Chinese financial institutions
- Accomplished academic experts and researchers
The VIP luncheon and evening reception will provide great networking opportunities to catch up with old friends and to make new connections.
Learn from the Leading Academic Experts
For the first time, our annual conference will include a half day Best Paper Symposium featuring top academic experts discussing a variety of current topics
- Dr. Jiang Wang, Mizuho Financial Group Professor, MIT Sloan School of Management, whose research focuses on the characterization of financial risks, the impact of liquidity on asset prices, and optimal trading execution and portfolio choices, will give a key note speech
- How Predictable Is the Chinese Stock Market?
- Why Do Chinese Companies Dual-List Their Stocks
- Advice on pursuing an academic career in China and in Finance
Register at our website at http://www.tcfaglobal.org/index.php/en/2010-conference/event-registration.html
where you can find additional conference information including agenda, speaker bio, and directions.
We are offering two packages, both of which include access to the half day Best Paper Symposium on Oct 29th, the full day conference on Oct 30th, and an evening reception on Oct 30th.
Package A (including Sit-down luncheon):
Member Fee: $115.00 (reached capacity limit)
Non-Member Fee: $155.00 (reached capacity limit)
Package B (Buffet luncheon):
Member Fee: $100.00
Non-Member Fee: $140.00
If you are not a member of TCFA, you can become a member by registering at our website and paying $40.00 membership fee, which will entitle you to the member rate for the annual conference as well as access to future TCFA events. If you have any questions, please contact Jason Zhu, Zong Xing and Pengcheng Song at
We look forward to seeing you at the conference.
TCFA Management Team